Hello! I’m OBP member Kris Kleva. Every Thursday night I will be around to help out on Electronics Projects. But first, a little about me.
I’m the father of thee daughters and a maker of digital and physical things. My favorite digital things include APIs, e-commerce, big data, social media and corporate and educational video production, skills I’ve developed and use at my day job.
When I’m not working, I enjoy gardening, robotics, UAVs (flying robots), fishing, traveling and photography.
A driving motivator for my work has been to make an impact on
our community. To do this I find myself involved in many technology and engineering user groups where I feel I may have the most to offer. However, I also quite enjoy getting out of my comfort zone and learning more about lasers, metal working, painting and woodworking.
At the Open Bench, one of my passions has been exploring the capabilities of our newest piece of equipment, the 150-watt CO2 laser cutter and engraver. If you’re baffled by the idea of it all or have a specific problem, I can probably help.
Every Thursday, you will see me in the second floor electronics lab, gleefully voiding the warranties of drones and other assorted technology.
If you’re stuck on an electronics project and need help, here are some of my areas of expertise:
- — General electronics – soldering, de-soldering, wiring, DC power systems
- — Drones, motors, propellers, ECS, gimbals, radios, custom software
- — Social media, mobile web, API and micro services – Apigee, Google Cloud Platform, Java, Node.js, BigQuery, web analytics, marketing
- — Ardunio – controlling LEDs, stepper motors, senors, and relays
- — Laser cutting – machine Safety, Image Prep, Troubleshooting
I hope to see you on Thursday evening! Come by, say hello and share something you’re working on.